Group member authors and alumni are bold-faced in the following list. While the convention in astrophysics is for author lists to be prioritized, many papers in both the high-performance computing and fluid mechanics literature have author lists which are either completely or partially-alphabetical. These papers are evident in context.
Peer-Reviewed Journal and Conference Proceedings
38. V. Tiwari, O. Graur, R. Fisher, I. Seitenzahl, S.C. Leung, K. Nomoto, H. Perets, K. Shen, “The Late-Time Light Curves of Type Ia Supernovae: Confronting Models with Observations,” submitted to the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.
37. N. Roy, V. Tiwari, A. Bobrick, D. Kosakowski, R. Fisher, H. Perets, R. Kashyap, P. Lorén-Aguilar, E. García-Berro, “3D Hydrodynamical Simulations of Helium-Ignited Double-Degenerate White Dwarf Mergers,” submitted to The Astrophysical Journal Letters. arXiv
36. S. Neopane, K. Bhargava, R. Fisher, M. Ferrari, S. Yoshida, S. Toonen, E. Bravo, “Near-Chandrasekhar Mass Type Ia Supernovae from the Double-Degenerate Channel,” The Astrophysical Journal, 925, 92, 2022. arXiv DOI
35. Y. Oshiro, H. Yamaguchi, S.-C. Leung, K. Nomoto, T. Sato, T. Tanaka, H. Okon, R. Fisher, R. Petre, B. Williams, “Discovery of the Highly-Neutronized Ejecta Clump with Enhanced Abundances of Titanium and Chromium in the Type Ia Supernova Remnant 3C 397,” The Astrophysical Journal Letters, 2021. arXiv DOI
34. Y. Zenati, R. Fisher, “Universality and Non-Universality in Distributed Nuclear Burning in Homogeneous Isotropic Turbulence,” arXiv
33. O. Graur, K. Maguire, R. Ryan, M. Nicholl, A. Avelino, A. G. Riess, L. Shingles, I. Seitenzahl, R. Fisher, “A year-long plateau in the late-time near-infrared light curves of Type Ia supernovae,” Nature Astronomy, 2020. ADS arXiv DOI
32. C. Byrohl, R. Fisher, D. Townsley, “The Intrinsic Stochasticity of the 56Ni Distribution of Single-Degenerate Near-Chandrasekhar-Mass Type Ia Supernovae,” The Astrophysical Journal, 878, 67, 2019. ADS arXiv DOI
30. R. Kashyap, T. Haque, P. Lorén-Aguilar, E. García-Berro, R. Fisher, “Double-Degenerate Carbon-Oxygen and Oxygen-Neon White Dwarf Mergers: A New Mechanism for Faint and Rapid Type Ia Supernovae,” The Astrophysical Journal, 869, 140, 2018. ADS arXiv DOI PMC
29. O. Graur, D. Zurek, A. Rest, I. Seitenzahl, B. Shappee, R. Fisher, J. Guillochon, M. Shara, A. Reiss, “Observations of SN 2015F suggest a correlation between the intrinsic luminosity of Type Ia supernovae and the shape of their light curves > 900 days after explosion,” The Astrophysical Journal, 859, 79, 2018. ADS arXiv DOI
28. P. Dave, R. Kashyap, R. Fisher, F. Timmes, D. Townsley, C. Byrohl, “Constraining the Single-Degenerate Channel of Type Ia Supernovae with Stable Iron-Group Elements In SNR 3C 397,” The Astrophysical Journal, 841, 58, 2017. ADS arXiv DOI
27. R. Kashyap, R. Fisher, E. García-Berro, G. Aznar-Siguán, S. Ji, P. Lorén-Aguilar, “One-Armed Spiral Instability in Double-Degenerate Post-Merger Accretion Disks,” The Astrophysical Journal, 840, 16, 2017. ADS arXiv DOI
26. D. van Rossum, R. Kashyap, R. Fisher, R. T. Wollaeger, E. García-Berro, G. Aznar-Siguán, S. Ji, P. Lorén-Aguilar, “Light Curves and Spectra from a Thermonuclear Explosion of a White Dwarf Merger,” The Astrophysical Journal, 827, 128, 2016. ADS arXiv DOI
24. R. Kashyap, R. Fisher, E. García-Berro, G. Aznar-Siguán, S. Ji, P. Lorén-Aguilar, “Spiral Instability Can Drive Thermonuclear Explosions in Binary White Dwarf Mergers,” The Astrophysical Journal Letters, 800, L7, 2015. ADS arXiv DOI
23. S. Ji, R. Fisher, E. García-Berro, P. Tzeferacos, G. Jordan, D. Lee, P. Lorén-Aguilar, P. Cremer, J. Behrends, “The Post-Merger Magnetized Evolution of White Dwarf Binaries: The Double-Degenerate Channel of Sub-Chandrasekhar Type Ia Supernovae and the Formation of Magnetized White Dwarfs,” The Astrophysical Journal, 773, 136, 2013. ADS arXiv DOI PDF
22. A. Dubey, A. Calder, C. Daley, C. Graziani, R. Fisher, G.C. Jordan, D.Q. Lamb, L.B. Reid, D. M. Townsley, K. Weide, “Pragmatic Optimizations for Best Scientific Utilization of Large Supercomputers,” International Journal of High Performance Computing, 27, 358, 2013. DOI PDF
20. A. Kumar, R. Fisher, “The Astrochemical Evolution of Turbulent Giant Molecular Clouds : Physical Processes and Method of Solution for Hydrodynamic Starless Clouds,” Monthly Notices of Royal Astronomical Society, 431, 455, 2013. ADS arXiv DOI PDF
19. G. Jordan, H. Perets, R. Fisher, D. Vaan Rossum, “Failed-Detonation Supernovae : Sub-luminous, Low-Velocity Ia Supernovae and Their Remnant-Kicked Iron-Core White Dwarfs,” The Astrophysical Journal Letters, 761, L23, 2012. ADS arXiv DOI PDF
18. G. Jordan, C. Graziani, R. Fisher, D. Townsley, C. Meakin, K. Weide, L. Reid, J. Norris, R. Hudson, D. Lamb, “The Detonation Mechanism of the Pulsationally-Assisted Gravitationally-Confined Detonation Model of Type Ia Supernovae,” The Astrophysical Journal, 759, 53, 2012. ADS arXiv DOI
14. R. Benzi, L. Biferale, R. Fisher, D. Lamb, F. Toschi, “Inertial Range Eulerian and Lagrangian Statistics from Numerical Simulations of Isotropic Turbulence,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 653, 221-244, 2010. ADS arXiv DOI PDF
13. D. Townsley, R. Bair, A. Dubey, R. Fisher, N. Hearn, D. Lamb, K. Riley, “Large-scale Simulations of Buoyancy-Driven Turbulent Nuclear Burning,” Journal of Physics : Conference Series 125, 012009, 2008. ADS DOI PDF
12. A. Arnèodo, R. Benzi, J. Berg, L. Biferale, E. Bodenschatz, A. Busse, E. Calzavarini, B. Castaing, M. Cencini, L. Chevillard, R. Fisher, R. Grauer, H. Homann, D. Lamb, A.S. Lanotte, E. Lévèque, B. Lüethi, J. Mann, N. Mordant, W.-C. Müeller, S. Ott, N.T. Ouellette, J.-F. Pinton, S. B. Pope, S.G. Roux, F. Toschi, H. Xu, P.K. Yeung, “Universality and Multifractality of Lagrangian Turbulence,” Physical Review Letters, 100 : 254504, 2008. ADS DOI PDF
11. P.S. Li, C. McKee, R. Klein, R. Fisher, “Sub-Alfvénic Non-Ideal MHD Turbulence Simulations with Ambipolar Diﬀusion: I. Turbulence Statistics,” Astrophysical Journal, 684:380–394, 2008. ADS arXiv DOI PDF
10. R. Benzi, L. Biferale, R. Fisher, L. Kadanoﬀ, L., D. Lamb, F. Toschi, “Intermittency and Universality in Fully-Developed Inviscid and Weakly-Compressible Turbulent Flows,” Physical Review Letters, 100 : 234503–07, 2008. ADS arXiv DOI PDF
9. J. Jordan, R. Fisher, D. Townsley, A. Calder, C. Graziani, S. Asida, D. Lamb, J. Truran, “Three-Dimensional Simulations of the Deﬂagration Phase of the Gravitationally-Conﬁned Detonation Model of Type Ia Supernovae,” The Astrophysical Journal, 681:1448–1457, 2008. ADS arXiv DOI PDF
8. R. Fisher, S. Abarzhi, K. Antypas, S. Asida, A. Calder, F. Cattaneo, P. Constantin, A. Dubey, I. Foster, J. Gallagher, M. Ganapathy, C. Glendenin, L. Kadanoﬀ, D. Lamb, S. Needham, M. Papka, T. Plewa, L. Reid, P. Rich, K. Riley, & D. Sheeler. “Terascale Turbulence Computation on BG/L Using the FLASH3 Application Framework,” IBM Research Journal Special Issue on Applications of Massively Parallel Systems, 2008, 1 : 127 – 136. Journal PDF DOI
7. A. Dubey, L. Reid, R. Fisher, “Introduction to FLASH 3.0, with application to supersonic turbulence,” Physica Scripta, 2008, 014046. DOI
6. F. Nakamura, C. McKee, R. Klein, R. Fisher, “On the Hydrodynamic Interaction of Shock Waves with Interstellar Clouds. II. The Eﬀect of Smooth Cloud Boundaries on Cloud Destruction and Cloud Turbulence,” The Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series, 164 : 477 –505, 2006. ADS arXiv DOI PDF
5. K. Antypas, A. Calder, A. Dubey, R. Fisher, M. Ganapathy, J. Gallagher, L. Reid, K. Riley, D. Sheeler, N. Taylor, “Scientiﬁc Applications on the Massively-Parallel BG/L Machine,” in Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics: Theory and Applications, 2006. PDF
1. J. Weinstein, R. Fisher, S. Vasanawala, M. Shapiro, T. Tombrello, “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Cluster-Ion Fragmentation,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B, 1994, 88 : 74 – 80. DOI
19. H. Schatz + R. Fisher (and many co-authors), “Horizons: Nuclear Astrophysics in the 2020s and Beyond,” arXiv
18. M. Zingale, C. Fryer, A. Hungerford, S. Safi-Harb, R. Trappitsch, R. Fisher, A. Calder, K. Shen, “Multimessenger Astrophysics Study Analysis Group (SAG): Thermonuclear Supernovae,” AAS Full Text ADS arXiv
17. C. Fryer, F.X. Timmes, A. Hungerford, A. Couture + R. Fisher (and many co-authors), “Catching Element Formation in the Act: The Case for a New MeV Gamma-Ray Mission: Radionuclide Astronomy in the 2020’s,” A White Paper for the 2020 NASA Decadal Survey. AAS Full Text ADS arXiv
15. R. DiStefano, R. Fisher, J. Guillochon, J. Steiner, “Death by Dynamics : Planetoid-Induced Explosions on White Dwarfs,” arXiv
14. G. Jordan, B. Diemer, C. Graziani, R. Hudson, R. Kessler, M. Long, J. Norris, D. van Rossum, D. Lamb, R. Fisher, D. Townsley, “The Central Role of Turbulence in Thermonuclear-Powered Supernovae,” Proceedings of 41st AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference and Exhibit, 2011.
13. R. Bair, J. Bernstein, C. Daley, B. Diemer, A. Dubey, R. Fisher + others, “Verification and Validation of Current Models of Thermonuclear-Powered Supernovae Using Large-Scale Simulations,” Proceedings of SciDAC 2010, 2010. PDF
12. R. Fisher, D. Falta, C. Jordan, D. Lamb, “The Role of Variations of Central Density of White Dwarf Progenitors Upon Type Ia Supernovae,” Proceedings of The Ninth Asia-Pacific International Conference on Gravitation and Astrophysics (ICGA9)
11. G. Jordan, C. Meakin, N. Hearn, R. Fisher, D. Townsley, D. Lamb, J. Truran, “Simulations of the Gravitationally Confined Detonation Model of Type Ia Supernovae for Multiple Ignition Points,” Numerical Modeling of Space Plasma Flows: ASTRONUM-2008 ASP Conference Series, Vol. 406, 2009, p. 92. ADS
10. A. Dubey, R. Fisher, C. Graziani, G. Jordan, D. Lamb, L. Reid, P. Rich, D. Sheeler, D. Townsley, K. Weide, “Challenges of Extreme Computing using the FLASH Code,” in Numerical Modeling of Space Plasma Flows : Astronum 2007 ASP Conference Series, Vol. 385, 2008, p. 145. ADS
9. G. Jordan, R. Fisher, D. Townsley, A. Calder, C. Graziani, S. Asida, D. Lamb, J. Truran, “Preliminary Results of Three-Dimensional Simulations of the Deflagration Phase of the Gravitationally Confied Detonation Model of Type Ia Supernovae,” in Numerical Modeling of Space Plasma Flows : Astronum 2007 ASP Conference Series, Vol. 385, 2008, p. 97.
8. R. Klein, R. Fisher, C. McKee, M. Krumholz, “Recent Advances in the Collapse and Fragmentation of Turbulent Molecular Cloud Cores,” in Star Formation in the Interstellar Medium: In Honor of David Hollenbach, Chris McKee and Frank Shu, 2004, 227–234.
7. R. Klein, R. Fisher, C. McKee, “Resolution Issues in the Collapse and Fragmentation of Turbulent Molecular Cloud Cores,” in Gravitational Collapse: From Massive Stars to Planets : A Meeting to Celebrate Peter Bodenheimer For His Outstanding Contributions to Astrophysics, 2004.
6. R. Klein, R. Fisher, M. Krumholz, C. McKee, “Recent Advances in the Collapse and Fragmentation of Turbulent Molecular Cloud Cores,” in Winds, Bubbles, and Explosions: A conference to Honor John Dyson, 2003, 92-96.
5. M.R. Krumholz, R. Fisher, R. Klein, C. Mckee, “Realistic Initial Conditions for Star- Formation Simulations,” in Winds, Bubbles, and Explosions: A conference to Honor John Dyson, 2003, 138 – 138
4. R. Klein, R. Fisher, C. McKee, M. Krumholz, “Low Mass Star Formation in Turbulent Molecular Cloud Cores, ” in Star Formation at High Angular Resolution, International Astronomical Union. Symposium no. 221, 2003.
3. R. Klein, R. Fisher, C. McKee, “Fragmentation and Star Formation in Turbulent Cores,” in The Formation of Binary Stars, Proceedings of IAU Symposium 200, 2001. astro-ph/0007332
2. R. Klein, R. Fisher, C. McKee, J. Truelove, “Gravitational Collapse and Fragmentation in Molecular Clouds with Adaptive Mesh Reﬁnement Hydrodynamics,” in Numerical Astrophysics : Proceedings of the International Conference on Numerical Astrophysics, 1999. astro-ph/9806330
1. R. Fisher, K. Thorne, E. Flannagan, “Recovery of Purity of States Scattering off Schwarzschild Black Holes,” Caltech SURF, 1993. PDF